Need Assistance: +1 (778)-565-5399 or

Open work permit for Spouse for Inside Canada applicants

Content for Visit Visa and open work permit for Spouse outside of Canada

Your spouse or partner may be able to join you in Canada sooner.

After you submit a permanent residence (PR) application to sponsor your spouse or partner, they could benefit from faster processing for a visitor visa.

Your spouse or partner may be eligible for faster processing if you.

When you receive the AOR for your spousal sponsorship application, your spouse or partner can apply for a visitor visa. If they’re eligible, their application will automatically receive faster processing. You don’t need to request it.

If your spouse or partner is approved for a visitor visa, they can apply for an open work permit when they arrive in Canada.