Need Assistance: +1 (778)-565-5399 or

Renewing or changing a study permit

Renewing or changing a study permit

Renewing or changing a study permit: If you want to keep studying, you must apply to extend your permit at
least 30 days before it expires.

 – The date marked on the permit or 90 days after the day you complete your studies.

When do the 90 days begin? The 90 days begin.

If you finish your studies later than expected. You must apply to extend your study permit at least 30 days before the original expiry date.

If you want to continue studying in Canada, but your study permit has expired, you’ll need to

If you apply after your permit expires, you can stay in Canada but may not continue to study until your status
has been restored and you have received your new study permit.

Changing Schools : If you change post-secondary schools, the school you plan to change to must also be a DLI. Please check the DLI list and confirm your new school is a DLI before you commit to changing schools.
You must tell us each time you change post-secondary schools. Changing the post-secondary school on your account is a free.