Need Assistance: +1 (778)-565-5399 or

Studying as Minor

Who is a minor child?

Each province and territory decide the age when a person becomes an adult. This is known as the age of majority. A person under the age of majority is a “minor child”.

Province or territory

The parents or legal guardians must prove the minor child will have the care and support they need. During their stay in Canada. Minor children under the age of 17 must either

A custodian is a responsible adult, who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, who will take care of and support the minor child. Minors can study in Public or Private Schools who have a DLI. Parents can accompany a minor.